How to Secure your Data with AppExchange
Security is a big deal in our digital age. As technology advances, we’re becoming more connected than ever before, and many important aspects of our lives are stored in digital spaces, like banking systems and insurance databases. If you work in technology, you know how important the data you keep and store is, and here at Salesforce, Trust is our #1 value. Managing customers’ contact info, payment info, and in some cases, their health information is a big responsibility. Check out these three tips to ensure your data is safe and secure.
Strong passwords are a must and MFA helps put an extra wall of defense to your account. MFA stands for multi-factor authentication and enables authorized users to verify their identity before sign in. This is often done through methods like OTPs (one time passwords,) security codes, and voice/facial recognition. At Salesforce, this can be achieved through mobile push notifications. Essentially, MFA requires approval for every login attempt into an organization’s database. Whenever you (or someone based outside your resident city) attempts to login, you’ll immediately receive a notification asking you to approve (or reject) the request. Cool, right? MFA is a requirement at this point and for an important reason. If you still haven’t enabled MFA, or are new to Salesforce, we recommend watching this video, and exploring MFA Dashboard on AppExchange. This handy dashboard measures MFA usage and adoption in your Salesforce environment. With it, you can track users with MFA enabled, verification challenges, and more.
Conduct Regular Security Assessments
Updating your security settings is one thing. Maintaining it is another. With technology advancing at a rapid rate, it’s important to stay on top of your system’s defense settings. A security assessment can help your team identify vulnerabilities in your system and ensure your system complies with legal regulations and company policies. Most importantly, regular security audits will help your organization guard its’ most sensitive data and tools like Org+ and Multi-Org Security Summary can help with this. Solutions like these can provide your security team with detailed overviews of your orgs’ security settings and provide insights into areas in need of improvement. Org+ provides details into user privileges, object control, and profile highlights. Multi-Org Security Summary provides you a clear picture of the security health of your entire Salesforce program and manage your team of Admins more efficiently. It’s the perfect option if you manage multiple environments!
Utilize Data Encryption
Encryption refers to the conversion of your data from readable plaintext to incomprehensible jargon. Encryption is often utilized by organizations to protect sensitive data as it travels through the internet and helps add another layer of security to your information. Encrypted data can be unlocked by a cryptographic key, which is a string of numbers both the sender and recipient agree on. The more complex the cryptographic key is, the more secure your data will be. With AppExchange, you can encrypt your users’ data easily. The User Encryption/Decryption solution on AppExchange helps keep every user's data secure by encrypting and decrypting data with keys that are unique to each user. It also supports user encryption/decryption in apex and flows, and includes two separate flows for encrypting and decrypting.
Connect with Us!
There you have it! Cybersecurity is an important aspect to any organization, and these apps can help you get started. Have you tried any of these apps? If so, be sure to leave a review on AppExchange! Not only does it provide us with valuable feedback, but a review also helps other admins in their search for impactful apps. Salesforce Labs is always bringing new, innovative solutions to AppExchange. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to stay updated on the latest and greatest apps to hit the market!
You can also find more free, employee built apps by exploring our updated guide. This app guide is full of customer recommended Labs Apps, and can help you identify apps for different use cases.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Using Multi-Touch Attribution in Marketing Cloud 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Using Multi-Touch Attribution in Marketing Cloud Type Article Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence is great for marketers and by ingesting all of your marketing channel data together with your first part data it creates a single source of truth. Here's the importance and advantages of multi-touch attribution.
- Your November 2022 AppExchange Monthly Briefing Your November 2022 AppExchange Monthly Briefing By Amanda Matlock Type Article This month we got a closer look at why AI-driven hiring tools have become a significant HR resource for good, discovered now is a good time to optimize your commerce site, and took a deep dive into three major dialer options for your call center.
- Three Takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report Three Takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report Type Article To understand more about the trends shaping marketing efforts in the digital-first era, Salesforce surveyed marketing decision-makers about the challenges they’re facing. Here are top takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report.
- NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange By Amanda Matlock Type Article Check out all the pawsome AppExchange apps that have been launched this week (updated weekly).
- How to Overcome the Top Challenges in Recruiting How to Overcome the Top Challenges in Recruiting Type Article From talent shortages to digital transformation, the priorities of the recruiting industry are changing. Overcoming those challenges will require a human-centered approach to business growth.