E-commerce sales have grown 50 percent since 2020, and this trend shows no signs of slowing down. Marketers need to be digital-first and data-first in order to deliver personalized shopping experiences at scale. To help you more easily and quickly try, find and install the right apps and experts to extend Commerce Cloud, we are migrating all apps from the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace to AppExchange. From early December 2022 to the end of February 2023, all apps from the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace – made up of cartridges and headless integrations – will migrate to AppExchange.
Our goal is to accelerate your success with Salesforce and make it even easier for you to quickly discover the right apps and experts for your business needs. AppExchange is the leading enterprise cloud marketplace of apps and experts that enable you to get the most out of Salesforce. With more than 7,000+ proven, pre-built, and customizable solutions to choose from and 91% of Salesforce customers using at least one AppExchange app today, you can accelerate your digital transformation wherever you are in your Salesforce journey.
Q: Is there anything I need to do today?
A: No. Customers should continue to use the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace for existing cartridges and headless integrations through the end of February 2023. Keep in mind that new B2C Commerce cartridges and headless integrations will be available on AppExchange beginning in early December once the migration begins. Starting March 1, 2023, you will use AppExchange to easily discover all Commerce Cloud solutions.
If you interact with the Salesforce-managed GitHub repository to build your storefront code, please refer to the final question in this FAQ for more details.
Q: Where and how can I find B2C Commerce cartridges and headless integrations on AppExchange?
A: All Commerce Cloud apps will be discoverable on AppExchange.com at the beginning of March 2023. Some are available on AppExchange today, which you can explore by heading to the Commerce Cloud Collection.
Q: Will I be able to find B2C Commerce cartridges and headless integrations on both marketplaces?
A: During this 3-month period, you will be able to access some B2C Commerce apps on both AppExchange and the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace. At the end of February 2023, the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace will be turned off indefinitely and Commerce Cloud customers will head to AppExchange.com to discover all B2C Commerce Cloud solutions.
Q: Do I need credentials to access AppExchange?
A: No. Anyone is able to browse AppExchange and take actions including watching a demo, chatting with a partner, and test-driving apps. Only Salesforce admins and users with “Download AppExchange packages” permission can install AppExchange apps. To install B2C Commerce cartridges and headless integrations, once on a specific listing, you will be redirected to the partner contact details in order to complete the install of the cartridge or headless integration.
Q: Do I need to accept any Ts & Cs for accessing the listings on AppExchange?
Q: What will happen to the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace at the end of February 2023?
A: At the end of February 2023, the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace will be shut down. Starting at the beginning of March, the LINK (B2C Commerce) marketplace URL will redirect you to the Commerce Cloud Collection on AppExchange.com.
Q: Will B2C Commerce solutions – cartridges and headless integrations – be certified by Salesforce?
A: Salesforce Partners are responsible for implementing and maintaining a comprehensive security program and maintaining the security of all apps they list and distribute on AppExchange. Partners must adhere to the security requirements outlined in Security Requirements for AppExchange Partners and Solutions. Note that the security requirements in this document are not exhaustive. We encourage partners to follow all applicable industry security standards. In addition, Salesforce reserves the right to perform a security review of any solution at our sole discretion. Starting early December, the B2C Commerce Certification Program will no longer be required.
Q: Will there be any changes to the location where the B2C Commerce cartridges source code is currently stored?
A: Yes. Currently customers access B2C Commerce cartridges source code from the Salesforce Commerce Cloud GitHub repository. The source code will remain on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud GitHub repository until February 28th, 2023 at which point all of the B2C Commerce cartridge source code will be removed and will no longer be accessible. Partners will host their own B2C Commerce cartridge source code (Ex. from their own gated Github, Bitbucket, or other code hosting services or provide the code to customers upon request). Customers will be directed to the partner's site from the AppExchange listing to request access to their code.
Customers and Consulting partners can continue to access Salesforce-owned official cartridges and community-developed cartridges in the Salesforce-managed GitHub repository. No changes are expected on Salesforce and Community-owned cartridges.
Q: Will I need to make any changes to build my storefront when the B2C Commerce Cartridge source code is removed from the Salesforce-managed GitHub repository on February 28th, 2023?
A: If you interact with the Salesforce-managed GitHub repository to build your storefront code, you will need to change your development process to account for cartridges no longer being there. If you have your dev ops processes setup to directly get the B2C Commerce partner's code from the https://github.com/SalesforceCommerceCloud/link_XYZ location, you will need to change this setup to follow our best practices to download the partner's code locally and make necessary changes before plugging it into your development instances.
If you have questions or feedback, please fill out the feedback form. Thank you!
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Using Multi-Touch Attribution in Marketing Cloud 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Using Multi-Touch Attribution in Marketing Cloud Type Article Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence is great for marketers and by ingesting all of your marketing channel data together with your first part data it creates a single source of truth. Here's the importance and advantages of multi-touch attribution.
- Your November 2022 AppExchange Monthly Briefing Your November 2022 AppExchange Monthly Briefing By Amanda Matlock Type Article This month we got a closer look at why AI-driven hiring tools have become a significant HR resource for good, discovered now is a good time to optimize your commerce site, and took a deep dive into three major dialer options for your call center.
- Three Takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report Three Takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report Type Article To understand more about the trends shaping marketing efforts in the digital-first era, Salesforce surveyed marketing decision-makers about the challenges they’re facing. Here are top takeaways from the Salesforce Marketing Intelligence Report.
- NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange By Amanda Matlock Type Article Check out all the pawsome AppExchange apps that have been launched this week (updated weekly).
- How to Overcome the Top Challenges in Recruiting How to Overcome the Top Challenges in Recruiting Type Article From talent shortages to digital transformation, the priorities of the recruiting industry are changing. Overcoming those challenges will require a human-centered approach to business growth.