Starting at $1,000 USD per company per month
Discounts available for nonprofits
CATEGORIESEnterprise Resource Planning
With IPfolio, you can organize and visualize your IP portfolio in one collaborative location. IPfolio will also help you get more and better invention disclosures, reduce administrative tasks, and make smarter IP decisions.
"AppExchange" means the online directory of on-demand applications that work with the Service, located at http://www.appexchange.com or at any successor websites.
"Platform" means the online, Web-based platform service provided by SFDC to IPfolio Corporation in connection with IPfolio Corporation’s provision of IPfolio to You.
“SFDC Service” means the online, Web-based application and platform service generally made available to the public via http://www.salesforce.com and/or other designated websites, including associated offline components but excluding AppExchange applications.
“SFDC” means salesforce.com.
"Users" means Your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Service subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement as a result of a subscription to IPfolio having been purchased for such User, and have been supplied user identifications and passwords by You (or by Salesforce.com or IPfolio Corporation at Your request).
“You” and “Your” means the customer entity which has contracted to purchase subscriptions to use IPfolio subject to the conditions of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by IPfolio Corporation.
"Your Data" means all electronic data or information submitted by You as and to the extent it resides in the Service.
1. Use of Service.
(a) Each User subscription to IPfolio shall entitle one User to use the Service via IPfolio, subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by IPfolio Corporation. User subscriptions cannot be shared or used by more than one User (but may be reassigned from time to time to new Users who are replacing former Users who have terminated employment with You or otherwise changed job status or function and no longer require use of the Service). For clarity, Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder does not include a subscription to use the SFDC Service or to use it in connection with applications other than IPfolio. If You wish to use the SFDC Service or any of its functionalities or services, to use another application other than IPfolio, or to create or use additional custom objects beyond those which appear in IPfolio in the form that it has been provided to You by IPfolio Corporation, visit www.salesforce.com to contract directly with SFDC for such services. In the event Your access to IPfolio provides You with access to the SFDC Service generally or access to any SFDC Service functionality within it that is in excess to the functionality described in IPfolio’s user guide, and You have not separately subscribed under a written contract with SFDC for such access, then You agree to not access and use such functionality, and You agree that Your use of such functionality, Your use of applications other than IPfolio, or Your creation or use of additional custom objects in IPfolio beyond that which appears in IPfolio in the form that it has been provided to You by IPfolio Corporation, would be a material breach of this Agreement.
(b) Notwithstanding any access You may have to the Platform or the SFDC Service via IPfolio, IPfolio Corporation is the sole provider of IPfolio and You are entering into a contractual relationship solely with IPfolio Corporation. In the event that IPfolio Corporation ceases operations or otherwise ceases or fails to provide IPfolio, SFDC has no obligation to provide IPfolio or to refund You any fees paid by You to IPfolio Corporation.
(c) You (i) are responsible for all activities occurring under Your User accounts; (ii) are responsible for the content of all Your Data; (iii) shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Platform and the SFDC Service, and shall notify IPfolio Corporation or Salesforce.com promptly of any such unauthorized use You become aware of; and (iv) shall comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws and regulations in using the Platform and the SFDC Service.
(d) You shall use the Platform and the SFDC Service solely for Your internal business purposes and shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Platform or the SFDC Service available to any third party, other than to Users or as otherwise contemplated by this SFDC Service Agreement; (ii) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (iii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material that is harmful to children or violates third party privacy rights; (iv) send or store viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (v) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Platform or the SFDC Service or the data contained therein; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform or the SFDC Service or its related systems or networks.
(e) You shall not (i) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Platform or the SFDC Service; (ii) frame or mirror any content forming part of the Platform or the SFDC Service, other than on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes; (iii) reverse engineer the Platform or the SFDC Service; or (iv) access the Platform or the SFDC Service in order to (A) build a competitive product or service, or (B) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform or the SFDC Service.
2.Third-Party Providers. IPfolio Corporation and other third-party providers, some of which may be listed on pages within SFDC’s website and including providers of AppExchange applications, offer products and services related to the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or IPfolio,
including implementation, customization and other consulting services related to customers’ use of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service, and applications (both offline and online) that interoperate with the Platform, SFDC Service, and/or IPfolio, such as by exchanging data with the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or IPfolio, or by offering additional functionality within the user interface of the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or IPfolio through use of the Platform and/or SFDC Service's application programming interface. SFDC does not warrant any such third-party providers or any of their products or services, including but not limited to IPfolio or any other product or service of IPfolio Corporation, whether or not such products or services are designated by SFDC as "certified," "validated" or otherwise. Any exchange of data or other interaction between You and a third-party provider, including but not limited to IPfolio, and any purchase by You of any product or service offered by such third-party provider, including but not limited to IPfolio is solely between You and such third-party provider. In addition, from time to time, certain additional functionality (not defined as part of the Platform or SFDC Service) may be offered by SFDC or IPfolio Corporation to You, for an additional fee, on a pass-through or OEM basis pursuant to terms specified by the licensor and agreed to by You in connection with a separate purchase by You of such additional functionality. Your use of any such additional functionality shall be governed by such terms, which shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency with the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement.
3. Proprietary Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SFDC reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Platform and the SFDC Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth in this SFDC Service Agreement. The Platform and the SFDC Service is deemed SFDC confidential information, and You will not use it or disclose it to any third party except as permitted in this SFDC Service Agreement.
4. Compelled Disclosure. If either You or SFDC is compelled by law to disclose confidential information of the other party, it shall provide the other party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the other party’s cost, if the other party wishes to contest the disclosure.
5.Suggestions. You agree that SFDC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into any SFDC products or services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You or Your Users relating to the operation of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service.
6. Termination. Your use of the Platform and the SFDC Service may be immediately terminated and/or suspended upon notice due to (a) a breach of the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement by You or any User, (b) the termination or expiration of IPfolio Corporation’s agreement with SFDC pursuant to which IPfolio Corporation is providing the Platform as part of IPfolio to You, and/or (c) a breach by IPfolio Corporation of its obligations to SFDC with respect to the subscriptions it is providing to You in connection with this SFDC Service Agreement.
7. Subscriptions Non-Cancelable. Subscriptions for the Platform and the SFDC Service are non-cancelable during a subscription term, unless otherwise specified in Your agreement with IPfolio Corporation.
8. Data Storage. The Platform and SFDC Service include a certain cumulative amount of storage for no additional charge based on the aggregate number of User subscriptions You maintain. Contact IPfolio Corporation for additional information. Additional storage may be available for purchase from IPfolio Corporation.
9. No Warranty. SALESFORCE.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR IPFOLIO, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SALESFORCE.COM DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO IPFOLIO AND THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
10. No Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SFDC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY USER FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11.Further Contact. SFDC may contact You regarding new SFDC service features and offerings.
12. Google Programs and Services. Platform or SFDC Service features that interoperate with Google programs and services depend on the continuing availability of applicable Google application programming interfaces (“APIs”) and programs for use with the Platform and the SFDC Service. If Google Inc. ceases to make such APIs and/or programs available on reasonable terms to SFDC, SFDC may cease providing such features without entitling You or IPfolio Corporation to any refund, credit, or other compensation.
13. Third Party Beneficiary. SFDC shall be a third party beneficiary to the agreement between You and IPfolio Corporation solely as it relates to this SFDC Service Agreement.