One of the features we were most excited about with the launch of the new AppExchange last year was the introduction of curated industry collections. Among the curated industries are solutions for manufacturers, which you can find here.
AppExchange is a great place for manufacturers to look for solutions geared toward helping some of their biggest challenges. With AppExchange solutions, manufacturers can employ solutions that drive productivity and streamline each step of customer purchase, production, and product delivery. AppExchange solutions can help connect disparate data into a single source of truth, while automating processes and removing possible sources of error. And, of course, everything can feed into and out of Salesforce.
Below are some apps geared toward manufacturers that we wanted to highlight, and below those, an excerpted blog post on how the Fourth Industrial Revolution impacts manufacturing, which provides manufacturers with a path forward in today’s rapidly-shifting technology landscape.
AppExchange Solutions for Manufacturers
Rootstock Cloud ERP supports numerous modes of manufacturing, helping to deliver personalized customer experiences, create and support operations that scale, and out-service the competition. Rootstock Cloud ERP shares data and integrates seamlessly with Salesforce and other applications to provide a complete enterprise solution.
GLOVIA OM is a fully customizable order management solution that integrates all your business processes, from sales to fulfillment, with unmatched transparency and efficiency. Improve the fulfillment process through inventory accuracy with full visibility and a flexible single process for managing warehouses and locations. With GLOVIA OM, efficiently procure goods and services and improve the accuracy and efficiency of manufacturing operations.
AscentERP is a native enterprise resource planning solution that helps manufacturers with everything from sales and purchase orders, to bill of materials and inventory control, to work and repair orders, to warehouse management. AscentERP utilizes RFID for hands-free warehouse management using wireless barcode scanning and label printing and more.
How Does the Fourth Industrial Revolution Impact Manufacturing?
By Cindy Bolt
We are in the midst of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, a wave of innovation and technology that is radically transforming our economies, our societies and our daily lives. While the Fourth Industrial Revolution offers incredible progress and immense opportunities, there are also risks, such as potential job losses due to automation and widening existing inequality gaps in education, wealth and health.
In manufacturing, this technological progress is forcing companies to adapt. AI is having a huge impact on how companies research, develop, manufacture, and distribute products. It has implications for all parts of business operations, from sales and service teams all the way to the back office. All of this helps manufacturers get closer to their customers, and the future will belong to those who know their customers the best. But in order to ride this wave of innovation, manufacturers need to fundamentally change the ways they think about doing business.
These changes are not easy. For most of its history, our industry has been focused on getting product out the door in most efficient way possible. And once the sale was complete, the job was done. This way of doing business is no longer enough, as technological innovation in our daily lives has completely changed customer expectations.
Now, manufacturing companies need to differentiate not just on product, but also on customer experience. Customers today expect manufacturers to know everything about the relationship -- what they’ve bought, predicting when they need a replacement part, their personal preferences and more. Unfortunately, many manufacturers are either stuck in the wrong mindset or have siloed and outdated systems, making customer-centricity difficult or nearly impossible to manage.
- AI is Coming to Dinner AI is Coming to Dinner Type Article Chris Bauserman, VP of Product & Segment Marketing at NICE inContact, shares insights on this question: is it time to put AI at the head of the table in your 2019 plans – or still run some pilots from the proverbial “little kids table”?
- Prolifiq: View Dynamic Glass Customer Spotlight Prolifiq: View Dynamic Glass Customer Spotlight Type Article Learn how View Dynamic Glass saw an 80% reduction in time spent crafting presentations with Prolifiq.
- 5 Building Blocks to Get Your Salesforce Org Ready for 2019 5 Building Blocks to Get Your Salesforce Org Ready for 2019 By Andrew Gothelf Type Article With an eye toward 2019, here are five AppExchange solutions that can serve as the building blocks to getting your Salesforce org ready for the ball to drop.
- 21 Salesforce Customers Review Integration Apps 21 Salesforce Customers Review Integration Apps By Amanda Nelson Type Article With over 160 low-to-no-code integration solutions, you can connect through standard data protocols. With that much inventory, we looked to our customers to tell us which apps they preferred.
- AppExchange Solutions for Health and Life Sciences Customers AppExchange Solutions for Health and Life Sciences Customers By Andrew Gothelf Type Article AppExchange has solutions for health and life sciences customers. Here are some of those apps, as well as a summer of Salesforce's Connected Patient Report.