Jessica Franksen, Vice President of Operations at StackCommerce, a native commerce platform company based in Venice Beach, took the time to explain to us how her sales team has been able to realize dramatic performance gains by integrating DocuSign and Conga with Salesforce.
Below are some highlights from our conversation. To hear more tips and tricks on increasing your team’s productivity, join us on May 16th for the live webinar “Spring into Action: Turbocharge How You Use Salesforce with DocuSign and Conga”, where Jessica will share best practices and lessons learned on boosting productivity.
Tell me a little bit about StackCommerce?
Jessica: StackCommerce was founded in 2011 in Venice, California with the mission of connecting people with products and brands they will love. We offer a fully integrated and branded eCommerce solution for our customers. We have over 150 brands on our native commerce platform and are rapidly growing.
What did StackCommerce’s sales processes look like 2 years ago before integrating Salesforce, DocuSign, and Conga?
Jessica: At StackCommerce we have two very important sales teams – business development and product. Two years ago, prior to using Salesforce, DocuSign and Conga, these teams were working in separate bubbles and had very little visibility into each other’s pipelines and sales cycles. There was a huge opportunity to increase visibility into the sales process and allow our teams to collaborate and work together to increase our revenue.
Did you have experience with eSignatures at the time?
Jessica: We did, but the product we were using lacked some basic functionality and caused our sales people to waste a lot of time and effort sending out contracts. The process was just hard and manual; there was too much copy paste and too many phone calls. We needed to increase efficiency in the sales process because we were leaving money on the table.
Have you noticed any improvement in the workflow since implementation?
Jessica: DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce, together, have allowed us to automate nearly all of the sales workflow. Our sales people just need to press one button and information is pulled directly into our contracts. that blew our minds. The automation is saving our sales team time by eliminating administrative work, reducing errors from data entry, and preventing deals from falling through the cracks. As a result of improving the workflow, we have quadrupled productivity per sales rep.
Has this automation brought any other unexpected benefits to StackCommerce?
Jessica: Our contracts used to get lost in customers’ spam folders and we don’t have to worry about that anymore! We are now getting signed contracts back same day when it used to take weeks.
Another thing is, now all our teams have access to the information they need to do their jobs. For example, supply chain needs to know metrics around lead time and finance needs the negotiated details around revenue share. Now everyone can go into DocuSign for Salesforce to access the contract and just answer these questions for themselves.
We have also seen a huge increase in employee satisfaction. They are able to make a bigger impact in their jobs because they can actually focus on selling rather than administration. DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce have given our employees the power to do get their work done quickly and easily, and they just love it.
Do you have any plans for more digital transformation in the future?
Jessica: We are really excited to expand our use of DocuSign, Conga, and Salesforce so that we can realize the benefits across the company.
To hear more about StackCommerce’s digital transformation and learn how you can increase productivity by automating your workflow with Conga and DocuSign for Salesforce register for a live webinar on May 16th.
- 9 Email Deliverability Best Practices 9 Email Deliverability Best Practices Type Article If your emails don’t make it to the inbox, it’s lost time, money, and opportunities.
- AppExchange is Coming to Dreamforce, And We’re Mixing It Up AppExchange is Coming to Dreamforce, And We’re Mixing It Up By Amanda Nelson Type Article Here’s how you can find your perfect mix of solutions, and how to mix it up with Appy at Dreamforce.
- Meet the AppExchange Street Team at DF19 Meet the AppExchange Street Team at DF19 By Holly Rushton Type Article See who will be helping bring the excitement of AppExchange to attendees at DF19, plus how you keep engaged online.
- Drive Marketing and Sales Alignment in 4 Steps Drive Marketing and Sales Alignment in 4 Steps Type Article Organizations must be prepared to deliver a personalized, targeted, and seamless experience at every stage of the customer journey. To do that, marketing and sales have to come together as one team, aligning on clearly defined goals, strategies, and more.
- TaskRay: Force Marketing Customer Spotlight TaskRay: Force Marketing Customer Spotlight Type Article Using a non-Salesforce native, homegrown workflow management system meant disparate systems and data duplication. Force Marketing sought real-time project transparency to make informed decisions.