Jessica Franksen, Vice President of Operations at StackCommerce, a native commerce platform company based in Venice Beach, took the time to explain to us how her sales team has been able to realize dramatic performance gains by integrating DocuSign and Conga with Salesforce.
Below are some highlights from our conversation. To hear more tips and tricks on increasing your team’s productivity, join us on May 16th for the live webinar “Spring into Action: Turbocharge How You Use Salesforce with DocuSign and Conga”, where Jessica will share best practices and lessons learned on boosting productivity.
Tell me a little bit about StackCommerce?
Jessica: StackCommerce was founded in 2011 in Venice, California with the mission of connecting people with products and brands they will love. We offer a fully integrated and branded eCommerce solution for our customers. We have over 150 brands on our native commerce platform and are rapidly growing.
What did StackCommerce’s sales processes look like 2 years ago before integrating Salesforce, DocuSign, and Conga?
Jessica: At StackCommerce we have two very important sales teams – business development and product. Two years ago, prior to using Salesforce, DocuSign and Conga, these teams were working in separate bubbles and had very little visibility into each other’s pipelines and sales cycles. There was a huge opportunity to increase visibility into the sales process and allow our teams to collaborate and work together to increase our revenue.
Did you have experience with eSignatures at the time?
Jessica: We did, but the product we were using lacked some basic functionality and caused our sales people to waste a lot of time and effort sending out contracts. The process was just hard and manual; there was too much copy paste and too many phone calls. We needed to increase efficiency in the sales process because we were leaving money on the table.
Have you noticed any improvement in the workflow since implementation?
Jessica: DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce, together, have allowed us to automate nearly all of the sales workflow. Our sales people just need to press one button and information is pulled directly into our contracts. that blew our minds. The automation is saving our sales team time by eliminating administrative work, reducing errors from data entry, and preventing deals from falling through the cracks. As a result of improving the workflow, we have quadrupled productivity per sales rep.
Has this automation brought any other unexpected benefits to StackCommerce?
Jessica: Our contracts used to get lost in customers’ spam folders and we don’t have to worry about that anymore! We are now getting signed contracts back same day when it used to take weeks.
Another thing is, now all our teams have access to the information they need to do their jobs. For example, supply chain needs to know metrics around lead time and finance needs the negotiated details around revenue share. Now everyone can go into DocuSign for Salesforce to access the contract and just answer these questions for themselves.
We have also seen a huge increase in employee satisfaction. They are able to make a bigger impact in their jobs because they can actually focus on selling rather than administration. DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce have given our employees the power to do get their work done quickly and easily, and they just love it.
Do you have any plans for more digital transformation in the future?
Jessica: We are really excited to expand our use of DocuSign, Conga, and Salesforce so that we can realize the benefits across the company.
To hear more about StackCommerce’s digital transformation and learn how you can increase productivity by automating your workflow with Conga and DocuSign for Salesforce register for a live webinar on May 16th.
- Delivering Value Through Digital Innovation Delivering Value Through Digital Innovation Type Article With many companies accelerating their digital transformation in 2020 in order to survive, we spoke to Tim about what 2021 has in store, and how Upland is remaining at the forefront of technical innovation to help customers succeed.
- What's the #Appy Twitter Chat and How Do I Join? What's the #Appy Twitter Chat and How Do I Join? By Amanda Nelson Type Article Join us as we discuss ways discover your next process-improving, time-saving, can't-work-without app. Simply go to #appy on Twitter to join the fun.
- Build an Online Experience with Cognitive Search Build an Online Experience with Cognitive Search Type Article An online community gives people the space to engage in relevant conversations while keeping you in the loop. Here's how AI can help.
- VIZIO Enables Self-Service for Customers with AppExchange VIZIO Enables Self-Service for Customers with AppExchange Type Article AppExchange apps have enabled VIZIO's customers to solve problems quickly and autonomously. VIZIO's Jim Mitchell explains how.
- 10 Document Generation Solutions to Help Companies Take Back Their Time 10 Document Generation Solutions to Help Companies Take Back Their Time By Christian Connors Type Article These 10 solutions, each available on the AppExchange, enable companies to automatically create and deliver documents, preserving time.