Jessica Franksen, Vice President of Operations at StackCommerce, a native commerce platform company based in Venice Beach, took the time to explain to us how her sales team has been able to realize dramatic performance gains by integrating DocuSign and Conga with Salesforce.
Below are some highlights from our conversation. To hear more tips and tricks on increasing your team’s productivity, join us on May 16th for the live webinar “Spring into Action: Turbocharge How You Use Salesforce with DocuSign and Conga”, where Jessica will share best practices and lessons learned on boosting productivity.
Tell me a little bit about StackCommerce?
Jessica: StackCommerce was founded in 2011 in Venice, California with the mission of connecting people with products and brands they will love. We offer a fully integrated and branded eCommerce solution for our customers. We have over 150 brands on our native commerce platform and are rapidly growing.
What did StackCommerce’s sales processes look like 2 years ago before integrating Salesforce, DocuSign, and Conga?
Jessica: At StackCommerce we have two very important sales teams – business development and product. Two years ago, prior to using Salesforce, DocuSign and Conga, these teams were working in separate bubbles and had very little visibility into each other’s pipelines and sales cycles. There was a huge opportunity to increase visibility into the sales process and allow our teams to collaborate and work together to increase our revenue.
Did you have experience with eSignatures at the time?
Jessica: We did, but the product we were using lacked some basic functionality and caused our sales people to waste a lot of time and effort sending out contracts. The process was just hard and manual; there was too much copy paste and too many phone calls. We needed to increase efficiency in the sales process because we were leaving money on the table.
Have you noticed any improvement in the workflow since implementation?
Jessica: DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce, together, have allowed us to automate nearly all of the sales workflow. Our sales people just need to press one button and information is pulled directly into our contracts. that blew our minds. The automation is saving our sales team time by eliminating administrative work, reducing errors from data entry, and preventing deals from falling through the cracks. As a result of improving the workflow, we have quadrupled productivity per sales rep.
Has this automation brought any other unexpected benefits to StackCommerce?
Jessica: Our contracts used to get lost in customers’ spam folders and we don’t have to worry about that anymore! We are now getting signed contracts back same day when it used to take weeks.
Another thing is, now all our teams have access to the information they need to do their jobs. For example, supply chain needs to know metrics around lead time and finance needs the negotiated details around revenue share. Now everyone can go into DocuSign for Salesforce to access the contract and just answer these questions for themselves.
We have also seen a huge increase in employee satisfaction. They are able to make a bigger impact in their jobs because they can actually focus on selling rather than administration. DocuSign, Conga and Salesforce have given our employees the power to do get their work done quickly and easily, and they just love it.
Do you have any plans for more digital transformation in the future?
Jessica: We are really excited to expand our use of DocuSign, Conga, and Salesforce so that we can realize the benefits across the company.
To hear more about StackCommerce’s digital transformation and learn how you can increase productivity by automating your workflow with Conga and DocuSign for Salesforce register for a live webinar on May 16th.
- NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange By Amanda Matlock Type Article Check out all the pawsome AppExchange apps that have been launched this week (updated weekly).
- Why Choose Cloud for Inventory Management Why Choose Cloud for Inventory Management Type Article If your business owns inventory or manages it for others, you know to be successful inventory management is crucial. But when it comes to your business it’s important to consider how it’s done and what’s the best approach.
- Sentiment Analysis Through the Lens of a SaaS CTO Sentiment Analysis Through the Lens of a SaaS CTO Type Article sentiment analysis, also called opinion mining, is a natural language processing (NLP) technique that classifies data as positive, negative, or neutral. But why is it important?
- Marketing Automation, Get Your Head in the Game Marketing Automation, Get Your Head in the Game Type Article When you bring data sources together to create targeted segments and adjust a customer experience based on real-time data from other sources – such as your customer relationship management (CRM) or other internal systems – it elevates the experience.
- Salesforce Customers Share Apps for Developers, Admins, and Architects at TDX Salesforce Customers Share Apps for Developers, Admins, and Architects at TDX By Amanda Matlock Type Article This week, the community gathered in San Francisco and on Salesforce+ for TrailblazerDX (TDX), joining us to discover new ways to build success now with Salesforce. But don’t worry if you couldn’t join in person, we've got you covered.