To celebrate, we set out to highlight the people who made it all possible: the customer, partner, and employee Trailblazers in the the Salesforce Ohana who have turned the AppExchange into the thriving business app marketplace that it is today. We talked to them about how the AppExchange has impacted them over the course of five million installs and what they expected to see with the next million. And we asked them about their favorite apps, their favorite famous cats, what they thought Appy's middle name should be (stay tuned for a list of our favorite answers) — and about their favorite national parks.
It’s no secret that Appy is a big fan of national parks herself (subscribe to our AppExchange Marketing Program newsletter to see where she’s visited lately), and that much of Salesforce’s latest ad campaign gives a nod to the U.S. National Park Service. After all, the hundred-year-old mission of The National Park System aligns extremely well with that of our Salesforce Ohana: To be a part of something greater than our individual selves, to provide equal access for all to spectacular resources and enable them to use them to educate and inspire others, and above all else, to blaze trails in an exciting, new frontier.
So it came as no surprise to find out that much of our AppExchange community enjoys ‘hitting the trail’ in more ways than one. Check out the graph below to see how the AppExchange Trailblazer community ranked their top ten favorite national parks, check out the links to learn more about the parks, and consider planning a trip to one (or more) as the perfect way to decompress after Dreamforce.
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- Zion National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Rocky Mountains National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Big Bend National Park
- Sequoia National Park
- Arches National Park
Check out 5millioninstalls.com to see more favorite apps, cats and national parks from Trailblazers around the world.
- The Exchange, Spring 2019 The Exchange, Spring 2019 By Andrew Gothelf Type Article In the Spring '19 issue of The Exchange, you’ll discover how failure manifests in today’s workplaces and how to overcome it. Plus, enjoy pictures from #SalesforceTurns20, how to "Marie Kondo" your Salesforce org, and more!
- Join the #Appy Twitter Chat Join the #Appy Twitter Chat By Amanda Nelson Type Article Join us every Wednesday at 11am PT/ 2pm ET as we discuss ways discover your next process-improving, time-saving, can't-work-without app. Simply go to #appy on Twitter to join the fun.
- Appy Turns 2: Trailblazers Share Their 2 Favorite Apps to Celebrate Appy Turns 2: Trailblazers Share Their 2 Favorite Apps to Celebrate By Amanda Nelson Type Article To celebrate, we asked Trailblazers to share their two favorite apps. The results? You could say they were two cool.
- Meet AppExchange’s New GM Woodson Martin Meet AppExchange’s New GM Woodson Martin Type Article Salesforce AppExchange’s new GM Woodson Martin on his Salesforce journey and the future of marketplaces.
- What is AppExchange? What is AppExchange? By Amanda Nelson Type Article You're on AppExchange, but what is it all about? Here are the answers those commonly-asked questions.