Have you searched around on the AppExchange looking for a solution to a business challenge and seen that fun beaker logo? When you encounter this you have entered into a special place in the Salesforce ecosystem. You have found Salesforce Labs. These are close to my heart, and the reason I recently joined Salesforce.
Let me take a step back and introduce myself. I am Sharon Klardie and a longtime advocate for Salesforce. I have been in the Salesforce ecosystem for a decade, almost a quarter of my lifetime, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Over this time my roles have ranged from accidental Admin, Consultant, Director of Business Systems, Product Owner, and Evangelist in organizations of all different shapes and sizes. The constant theme between all of them is that Salesforce is at the center of all of those roles. I have a strong passion for connecting people, process and technology with the goal of making the biggest impact possible. Salesforce has been the key to enabling that to happen.
Early in my Salesforce experience, I wanted to connect with others in the ecosystem, to learn faster and share insights. I found the Trailblazer Community and user group program. It was at a user group meeting many years ago where I first learned about Salesforce Labs apps, and what they meant for the community.
What is Salesforce Labs?Labs apps and components are free unmanaged packages that are built by Salesforce employees. They can be installed in a few minutes and you don’t have to start from scratch when you need a new dashboard, for instance. Plus, they give you insights into the industry standard KPIs your peers are tracking.
A Labs app might not always do exactly what you are looking for, but since you have access to see and edit the code you will find that a lot of customers start with a Labs app and then make customizations to fit their specific business need.
Salesforce Labs has been around since 2010 and is close to the hearts of many at Salesforce. Lab apps have grown significantly over the years, with hundreds of apps, over 50 components and close to one million installs.
A Few Exciting Labs AppsI am still learning of all the amazing work my fellow employees have shared with the community but here are a few apps and components that will make a difference in you org today. Check them out!
Curious about other Salesforce Labs apps and components? Check out all of them here.
The Salesforce Labs EvangelistIn this role, I will sit squarely in the heart of my passion - connecting people, process and technology together to make an impact. By ensuring the quality of the Labs apps, while connecting employees, customer and partners to the Labs apps possibilities, I can help facilitate positive impacts within the whole Salesforce ecosystem.
Here’s how I’ll be helping the Ohana:
- Helping Salesforce employees build and publish quality Lab apps
- Mapping out white space for new Lab apps
- Sharing new Lab apps
- Updating popular Lab apps
- Discussing the Labs program online and offline, from events to the Trailblazer Community to blogs, article code samples, webinars and more
I could not be more excited to start this new adventure with all you! #dreamjob
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Twitter and @sklardie and the Trailblazer Community to share feedback, learn about new apps, components and updates to the Lab Apps program.
Sharon Klardie is the Salesforce Labs Evangelist at Salesforce.
- Meet the AppExchange Street Team for Dreamforce 2019 Meet the AppExchange Street Team for Dreamforce 2019 By Holly Rushton Type Article See who will be helping bring the excitement of AppExchange to attendees at DF19, plus how you keep engaged online.
- 3 Tips to Overcome the Cart Abandonment Challenge 3 Tips to Overcome the Cart Abandonment Challenge Type Article Mariana Park from Digioh discusses three tips to combat the cart abandoment challenge for ecommerce companies.
- From Hospital Bed to App Builder: The Story of Chris Harris From Hospital Bed to App Builder: The Story of Chris Harris By Amanda Nelson Type Article We sat down with Chris to learn about his journey from idea to app, and the hurdles he overcame along the way. His story from hospital bed to Trailhead Ranger/certified admin/app builder is truly inspirational.
- 40 Customers in Chicago Shared These Must-Try AppExchange Apps 40 Customers in Chicago Shared These Must-Try AppExchange Apps Type Article During this exciting event in the windy city, we asked customers how AppExchange solutions helped overcome a business challenge this year, and what topped their favorites. Here’s what fans of AppExchange in the midwest had to say.
- Precursive: SES Customer Spotlight Precursive: SES Customer Spotlight Type Article Learn how SES fulfilled 1,000+ resource requests with Precursive.