Have you searched around on the AppExchange looking for a solution to a business challenge and seen that fun beaker logo? When you encounter this you have entered into a special place in the Salesforce ecosystem. You have found Salesforce Labs. These are close to my heart, and the reason I recently joined Salesforce.
Let me take a step back and introduce myself. I am Sharon Klardie and a longtime advocate for Salesforce. I have been in the Salesforce ecosystem for a decade, almost a quarter of my lifetime, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Over this time my roles have ranged from accidental Admin, Consultant, Director of Business Systems, Product Owner, and Evangelist in organizations of all different shapes and sizes. The constant theme between all of them is that Salesforce is at the center of all of those roles. I have a strong passion for connecting people, process and technology with the goal of making the biggest impact possible. Salesforce has been the key to enabling that to happen.
Early in my Salesforce experience, I wanted to connect with others in the ecosystem, to learn faster and share insights. I found the Trailblazer Community and user group program. It was at a user group meeting many years ago where I first learned about Salesforce Labs apps, and what they meant for the community.
What is Salesforce Labs?Labs apps and components are free unmanaged packages that are built by Salesforce employees. They can be installed in a few minutes and you don’t have to start from scratch when you need a new dashboard, for instance. Plus, they give you insights into the industry standard KPIs your peers are tracking.
A Labs app might not always do exactly what you are looking for, but since you have access to see and edit the code you will find that a lot of customers start with a Labs app and then make customizations to fit their specific business need.
Salesforce Labs has been around since 2010 and is close to the hearts of many at Salesforce. Lab apps have grown significantly over the years, with hundreds of apps, over 50 components and close to one million installs.
A Few Exciting Labs AppsI am still learning of all the amazing work my fellow employees have shared with the community but here are a few apps and components that will make a difference in you org today. Check them out!
Curious about other Salesforce Labs apps and components? Check out all of them here.
The Salesforce Labs EvangelistIn this role, I will sit squarely in the heart of my passion - connecting people, process and technology together to make an impact. By ensuring the quality of the Labs apps, while connecting employees, customer and partners to the Labs apps possibilities, I can help facilitate positive impacts within the whole Salesforce ecosystem.
Here’s how I’ll be helping the Ohana:
- Helping Salesforce employees build and publish quality Lab apps
- Mapping out white space for new Lab apps
- Sharing new Lab apps
- Updating popular Lab apps
- Discussing the Labs program online and offline, from events to the Trailblazer Community to blogs, article code samples, webinars and more
I could not be more excited to start this new adventure with all you! #dreamjob
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Twitter and @sklardie and the Trailblazer Community to share feedback, learn about new apps, components and updates to the Lab Apps program.
Sharon Klardie is the Salesforce Labs Evangelist at Salesforce.
- Meet Trailblazing Partner Stephanie Gerst of V2 Strategic Advisors Meet Trailblazing Partner Stephanie Gerst of V2 Strategic Advisors By Miriam Rattes Type Article Learn how Stephanie Gerst, Senior Solution Engineer at V2 Strategic advisors, serves as a guiding light in her mentorship to fellow employees.
- "Marie Kondo" Your Salesforce Org with These Apps "Marie Kondo" Your Salesforce Org with These Apps Type Article Marie Kondo’s approach to cleaning out clutter can even be applied to Salesforce. Here are three easy steps to apply her mantras to your Salesforce org with AppExchange apps.
- A Music Teacher Shares Why Apps are Music to Her Ears A Music Teacher Shares Why Apps are Music to Her Ears By Amanda Nelson Type Article Hear from Sandi Zellner to learn about her journey from piano keys to keyboard keys, and the AppExchange apps that made her the passionate, purposeful Salesforce admin that she is today.
- Meet Trailblazing Partner Justin Heitmann of Magnet360 Meet Trailblazing Partner Justin Heitmann of Magnet360 By Miriam Rattes Type Article Justin Heitmann of Magnet360 has a passion for continuous learning and has blazed his own trail to success by earning his double certification in Marketing Cloud. Read on to learn more in this trailblazing partner interview.
- Meet Trailblazing Partner Donald Bohrisch of Cloud Pathfinder Consulting Meet Trailblazing Partner Donald Bohrisch of Cloud Pathfinder Consulting By Miriam Rattes Type Article Donald Bohrisch is one of the very first individuals to graduate from the Vetforce program and has been blazing trails in the ecosystem ever since.