Have you searched around on the AppExchange looking for a solution to a business challenge and seen that fun beaker logo? When you encounter this you have entered into a special place in the Salesforce ecosystem. You have found Salesforce Labs. These are close to my heart, and the reason I recently joined Salesforce.
Let me take a step back and introduce myself. I am Sharon Klardie and a longtime advocate for Salesforce. I have been in the Salesforce ecosystem for a decade, almost a quarter of my lifetime, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Over this time my roles have ranged from accidental Admin, Consultant, Director of Business Systems, Product Owner, and Evangelist in organizations of all different shapes and sizes. The constant theme between all of them is that Salesforce is at the center of all of those roles. I have a strong passion for connecting people, process and technology with the goal of making the biggest impact possible. Salesforce has been the key to enabling that to happen.
Early in my Salesforce experience, I wanted to connect with others in the ecosystem, to learn faster and share insights. I found the Trailblazer Community and user group program. It was at a user group meeting many years ago where I first learned about Salesforce Labs apps, and what they meant for the community.
What is Salesforce Labs?Labs apps and components are free unmanaged packages that are built by Salesforce employees. They can be installed in a few minutes and you don’t have to start from scratch when you need a new dashboard, for instance. Plus, they give you insights into the industry standard KPIs your peers are tracking.
A Labs app might not always do exactly what you are looking for, but since you have access to see and edit the code you will find that a lot of customers start with a Labs app and then make customizations to fit their specific business need.
Salesforce Labs has been around since 2010 and is close to the hearts of many at Salesforce. Lab apps have grown significantly over the years, with hundreds of apps, over 50 components and close to one million installs.
A Few Exciting Labs AppsI am still learning of all the amazing work my fellow employees have shared with the community but here are a few apps and components that will make a difference in you org today. Check them out!
Curious about other Salesforce Labs apps and components? Check out all of them here.
The Salesforce Labs EvangelistIn this role, I will sit squarely in the heart of my passion - connecting people, process and technology together to make an impact. By ensuring the quality of the Labs apps, while connecting employees, customer and partners to the Labs apps possibilities, I can help facilitate positive impacts within the whole Salesforce ecosystem.
Here’s how I’ll be helping the Ohana:
- Helping Salesforce employees build and publish quality Lab apps
- Mapping out white space for new Lab apps
- Sharing new Lab apps
- Updating popular Lab apps
- Discussing the Labs program online and offline, from events to the Trailblazer Community to blogs, article code samples, webinars and more
I could not be more excited to start this new adventure with all you! #dreamjob
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Twitter and @sklardie and the Trailblazer Community to share feedback, learn about new apps, components and updates to the Lab Apps program.
Sharon Klardie is the Salesforce Labs Evangelist at Salesforce.
- Get These Fun Appy Phone Wallpapers from Salesforce AppExchange Get These Fun Appy Phone Wallpapers from Salesforce AppExchange By Holly Rushton Type Article Get the #appy-est phone background ever. Save these images to your phone and take Appy on the go.
- The AppExchange Street Team at DF19 The AppExchange Street Team at DF19 By Holly Rushton Type Article See who brought the excitement of AppExchange to attendees at DF19 and online.
- 5 Reasons Duplicates are Killing Your Salesforce Effectiveness 5 Reasons Duplicates are Killing Your Salesforce Effectiveness Type Article A duplicate-free Salesforce environment is key to an efficient sales and marketing machine and to the perception of your organization by your customers. Gijs Hoven from Duplicate Check discusses the dangers of duplicates and how to address them.
- 7 Google Shopping Feed Optimization Strategies You Need To Know 7 Google Shopping Feed Optimization Strategies You Need To Know Type Article Product feed optimization is key to achieving successful campaign performance because, without it, your products are less likely to show up. Check out these seven tips and strategies to making those 70 characters for Google Shopping titles meaningful.
- The Winners of the 2019 Dreamforce Demo Jams The Winners of the 2019 Dreamforce Demo Jams By Amanda Nelson Type Article From sales to customer service to nonprofit to developer apps, there were Demo Jams for everyone at Dreamforce 2019. Here's the full list, including the winners.