Trisha Price is EVP of Product Development and Engineering at nCino, a Bank Operating System that is reinventing the way financial institutions run their business. But Trisha is way more than a fintech executive. A mom of two boys who loves to
paddle board and ski, Trisha finds time to unplug on the beaches of North Carolina to bring constant, renewed energy to her role at nCino. Her ability to innovate and challenge the status quo is positively impacting gender equality at work, creating new
ways of thinking, and has brought Salesforce and nCino side by side on stage at some of the biggest global conferences. It’s for these reasons and more that Trisha is a trailblazing partner.
Recently, Holly Rushton on the AppExchange team interviewed Trisha. Here’s a look at the highlights of this interview. I promise you’ll be inspired. I know I am.
First, can you share a bit about your company. Where did nCino start?
Trisha: nCino started six years ago in commercial banking and has expanded upon that in many ways to build out the industry leading nCino Bank Operating System. Recently, we also expanded globally, opening an office in London with other locations coming soon. We’ve been partnering with Salesforce since the beginning, including, most recently, the product build for Financial Services Cloud in Retail Banking. We storyboarded together to ensure a cohesive flow from a technology perspective.
Trisha: One of the biggest challenges we saw across banking was the lack of a tool for teams to collaborate. We created nCino to automate, digitize and streamline traditional banking processes that require engagement from a customer, a branch employee, a lending officer, credit, etc. It’s front and back office collaboration. It becomes the system of engagement across the bank.
What does being a Trailblazer mean to you?
Trisha: Being a Trailblazer means not being afraid to be different. It’s not being afraid to stand up for what you believe in. It’s not being afraid to take risks in business. And in all of those areas, it's being thoughtful. You do these things because you know it’s the right thing to do. And you hope that by making these changes, you’ve made it easier for those who come after you. For me and nCino, trailblazing is also about changing an industry.
How are you using your skills to make change?
Trisha: I use my leadership skills to show others that you can do whatever you want to do. If you have a vision, you can wield it to change the world around you. If you work hard and get others to rally around your vision, you can make it happen. It’s also important to inspire others to believe that about themselves. We are changing banking and we were able to do it in this little beach town in Wilmington, North Carolina, because we all believed we could.
Trisha: I’ve worked at companies and environments such as Salesforce and nCino where it’s a priority to have women at the leadership table. When hiring, I ensure we are meeting a strong number of female candidates. I want to encourage women to believe that opportunity exists. That’s how I’m going to change the fintech industry.
How are you continuing to learn and grow?
Trisha: I learn every day. The digital future of banking is expanding all the time, and I’m learning technology such as AI, voice, bots and Salesforce. These are incredible technologies that can be incorporated into the banking space.
Trisha: I’m constantly learning from a leadership perspective. Dory Weiss, our VP of Engineering, is incredible at empowering people to make changes in how we do work every day. Mike Bonner, Associate Director of Engineering, completely changed the sprint process with a science fair type sprint review. This enables the entire company to check out what each team has built and give feedback. These team members are changing the process. They concepted and executed, and the entire company
benefited. I learn from them.
What advice do you have for other Trailblazers?
Trisha: Stay close to the Salesforce roadmap, read the release notes, meet with your technical evangelist (TE) to be as up to date as possible. We work in an innovative space, so we must create a safe place for teams to take risks and to fail. Have processes in place to produce high quality software that your customers can count on. If you can get the right mix of building on the Salesforce platform and having the customer knowledge, you can make a kick a#$ product.
How do you blaze trails outside of work?
Trisha: My number one job outside of work is to be a mom and wife. I’m super involved with them. I enjoy paddle boarding, snow skiing, hiking and anything outdoors. We are going on a 10-day RV trip this summer. I enjoy challenging myself physically, and that requires putting the computer down and disconnecting. That makes you feel recharged and refreshed to come back even stronger.
- 5 Ways AppExchange Apps Can Enhance the Customer Experience 5 Ways AppExchange Apps Can Enhance the Customer Experience By Lauren Gaskill Type Article Whether you’re looking to create a more seamless approach, meet customers where they are or develop a culture of customer appreciation, the following tips and AppExchange partner apps can help you take your customer experience to the next level.
- 4 Ways to Improve Sales Performance 4 Ways to Improve Sales Performance By Lauren Gaskill Type Article How well do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your sales processes? It’s important to know where improvements can be made — both internally and for your customers.
- Get Ready for the AppExchange Job Marketplace Retirement Get Ready for the AppExchange Job Marketplace Retirement Type Article With this proactive involvement, Nuvolar are a key influencer in promoting Salesforce careers to new-to-ecosystem talent and individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds.
- 9 Apps to Help You Reimagine Your Customer Experience 9 Apps to Help You Reimagine Your Customer Experience By Amanda Matlock Type Article No matter the company size, industry, or business challenge, partner apps and experts help businesses connect to customers. So don’t reinvent the wheel, reimagine it! Here are nine solutions on AppExchange to help you sell smoother to every customer.
- Learn about the Latest Search Filter Enhancements Learn about the Latest Search Filter Enhancements By Amanda Backer Type Article Learn about AppExchange search enhancements, including using new filters for business need, industry, and job role.