This year at TrailheaDX, we asked attendees, “What solution would you like to see on AppExchange?” and the response was positively amazing, as event attendees feverishly wrote their answers on notecards. Appy’s Brainstorm Board was completely covered, top to bottom, edge to edge with these notes, and we want to share what the Ohana had to say.
These are the top five themes, a few interesting insights to each, as well as some relevant solutions that exist today.
Customers want ways to ensure accuracy and transparency, as well as determine the overall health of Salesforce. Ideas centered around solutions around setting correct permissions, audit tracking, determining technical debt, and ensuring features and customizations are documented.
Ideas spanned across fun integrations such as Bitmoji and voice devices, as well as integrations with multiple platforms. Requests for financial integrations such as banking and point of sale showcase the importance of continuing to frame the roadmap around industry needs and trends.
Reports and Dashboards
Customers don’t want to create or start from scratch if they don’t have to. The ability to extend or modify anything that is pre-existing was very important to customers. Tailoring to fit specific use cases, such as ROI, engagement, or adoption dashboards, is critical to Trailblazers.
This is no surprise. After all, who wouldn’t love having an easier time getting new processes up and running? Most of the ideas in this theme focused on solutions to save time for entering information or within a process, like time tracking, permissions management, and more.
Customers are seeking examples and starter packs that they can customize. And also, just MORE—more Lightning Flows, more Lightning components, more Lightning Pages—you get the idea.
We're always working to make AppExchange solutions better. Have some ideas? Share it with us on Twitter at @appexchange.
- 9 Email Deliverability Best Practices 9 Email Deliverability Best Practices Type Article If your emails don’t make it to the inbox, it’s lost time, money, and opportunities.
- AppExchange is Coming to Dreamforce, And We’re Mixing It Up AppExchange is Coming to Dreamforce, And We’re Mixing It Up By Amanda Nelson Type Article Here’s how you can find your perfect mix of solutions, and how to mix it up with Appy at Dreamforce.
- Meet the AppExchange Street Team at DF19 Meet the AppExchange Street Team at DF19 By Holly Rushton Type Article See who will be helping bring the excitement of AppExchange to attendees at DF19, plus how you keep engaged online.
- Drive Marketing and Sales Alignment in 4 Steps Drive Marketing and Sales Alignment in 4 Steps Type Article Organizations must be prepared to deliver a personalized, targeted, and seamless experience at every stage of the customer journey. To do that, marketing and sales have to come together as one team, aligning on clearly defined goals, strategies, and more.
- TaskRay: Force Marketing Customer Spotlight TaskRay: Force Marketing Customer Spotlight Type Article Using a non-Salesforce native, homegrown workflow management system meant disparate systems and data duplication. Force Marketing sought real-time project transparency to make informed decisions.