This year at TrailheaDX, we asked attendees, “What solution would you like to see on AppExchange?” and the response was positively amazing, as event attendees feverishly wrote their answers on notecards. Appy’s Brainstorm Board was completely covered, top to bottom, edge to edge with these notes, and we want to share what the Ohana had to say.
These are the top five themes, a few interesting insights to each, as well as some relevant solutions that exist today.
Customers want ways to ensure accuracy and transparency, as well as determine the overall health of Salesforce. Ideas centered around solutions around setting correct permissions, audit tracking, determining technical debt, and ensuring features and customizations are documented.
Ideas spanned across fun integrations such as Bitmoji and voice devices, as well as integrations with multiple platforms. Requests for financial integrations such as banking and point of sale showcase the importance of continuing to frame the roadmap around industry needs and trends.
Reports and Dashboards
Customers don’t want to create or start from scratch if they don’t have to. The ability to extend or modify anything that is pre-existing was very important to customers. Tailoring to fit specific use cases, such as ROI, engagement, or adoption dashboards, is critical to Trailblazers.
This is no surprise. After all, who wouldn’t love having an easier time getting new processes up and running? Most of the ideas in this theme focused on solutions to save time for entering information or within a process, like time tracking, permissions management, and more.
Customers are seeking examples and starter packs that they can customize. And also, just MORE—more Lightning Flows, more Lightning components, more Lightning Pages—you get the idea.
We're always working to make AppExchange solutions better. Have some ideas? Share it with us on Twitter at @appexchange.
- Demo Jam Week with 18 Salesforce Accelerate Partners Demo Jam Week with 18 Salesforce Accelerate Partners By Holly Rushton Type Article It’s become a rite of passage for Accelerate Grow participants to compete in a Demo Jam before graduation. With 18 apps to showcase, this could only mean one thing: a whole week of Demo Jams, culminating in a MEGA Demo Jam.
- SearchUnify and Idaptive Customer Spotlight SearchUnify and Idaptive Customer Spotlight Type Article Identity-as-a-Service provider Idaptive needed to ensure unified access to case-resolving information for support team members. With SearchUnify, Idaptive integrated help documentation and elevated the support experience.
- A Paw-fect TrailheaDX ’20 with AppExchange A Paw-fect TrailheaDX ’20 with AppExchange By Holly Rushton Type Article TrailheaDX was the must-attend Salesforce developer event of the year. At TDX20, we virtually brought together developers, architects, admins, partners, and entrepreneurs for an immersive, high-touch experience.
- Meet Trailblazer Adam Olshansky Meet Trailblazer Adam Olshansky By Holly Rushton Type Article Since his first exposure to Salesforce in 2014, Salesforce MVP Adam Olshansky has been fueled by a passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Oxfam GB and Odaseva Help At-Risk Communities Oxfam GB and Odaseva Help At-Risk Communities By Holly Rushton Type Article Technology plays a big part at a global organization like Oxfam GB to ensure data protection and compliance. With Odaseva, a data protection app built on the Salesforce Platform, Oxfam GB can stay laser-focused on helping others.