This year at TrailheaDX, we asked attendees, “What solution would you like to see on AppExchange?” and the response was positively amazing, as event attendees feverishly wrote their answers on notecards. Appy’s Brainstorm Board was completely covered, top to bottom, edge to edge with these notes, and we want to share what the Ohana had to say.
These are the top five themes, a few interesting insights to each, as well as some relevant solutions that exist today.
Customers want ways to ensure accuracy and transparency, as well as determine the overall health of Salesforce. Ideas centered around solutions around setting correct permissions, audit tracking, determining technical debt, and ensuring features and customizations are documented.
Ideas spanned across fun integrations such as Bitmoji and voice devices, as well as integrations with multiple platforms. Requests for financial integrations such as banking and point of sale showcase the importance of continuing to frame the roadmap around industry needs and trends.
Reports and Dashboards
Customers don’t want to create or start from scratch if they don’t have to. The ability to extend or modify anything that is pre-existing was very important to customers. Tailoring to fit specific use cases, such as ROI, engagement, or adoption dashboards, is critical to Trailblazers.
This is no surprise. After all, who wouldn’t love having an easier time getting new processes up and running? Most of the ideas in this theme focused on solutions to save time for entering information or within a process, like time tracking, permissions management, and more.
Customers are seeking examples and starter packs that they can customize. And also, just MORE—more Lightning Flows, more Lightning components, more Lightning Pages—you get the idea.
We're always working to make AppExchange solutions better. Have some ideas? Share it with us on Twitter at @appexchange.
- Find What You're Looking For With These 7 AppExchange Apps Find What You're Looking For With These 7 AppExchange Apps By Holly Rushton Type Article Celebrate our seven million installs milestone with these seven AppExchange solutions you might be looking for to solve a challenge.
- 9 Steps to Effective Change Management 9 Steps to Effective Change Management By Amanda Nelson Type Article How do you focus on the product enhancements that most effectively drive user adoption and have the biggest impact on your organization—and your users’ day-to-day functions? Here are 9 steps to for successful change management.
- Put These 6 Items on Your Lightning Transition Checklist Put These 6 Items on Your Lightning Transition Checklist Type Article OwnBackup Marketing Manager Julia Salem discusses six steps to complete before you transition to Lightning.
- Generating Documents in Salesforce with Visualforce Pages Generating Documents in Salesforce with Visualforce Pages Type Article Appitek CTO Elliott Thurman-Newell discusses how to get started building your own documents in Salesforce.
- 6 AppExchange Apps for a Productive Summer 6 AppExchange Apps for a Productive Summer By Amanda Nelson Type Article Here's a look at the amazing apps featured in the summer issue of The Exchange. It also includes a bit of insight from customers about each one.