Since his first exposure to Salesforce in 2014, Salesforce MVP Adam Olshansky has been fueled by a passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others. Blazing his own trail to his #dreamjob at Google as a Salesforce engineer, Adam continues to be an active member of the Salesforce community, and being 14x certified, follows his own personal motto of “never stop learning.”
How did you get involved with Salesforce?
Mostly luck. I got a promotion at my first job, and it just happened to involve working with Salesforce. I immediately got hooked and never looked back!
What are five words to describe your feelings about Salesforce?
Do you remember the first time you used AppExchange?
Probably from the very beginning of my experience with Salesforce, back in 2014.
What AppExchange app do you find yourself using time?
Every time I get a new org, I love running Field Trip to see where I can immediately reduce clutter.
What's your favorite place you've traveled to?
A couple of years ago, I spent about a week in Rome. Between the food, the architecture, and the history, it was incredible!
What is your favorite series?
The Office or Parks and Rec.
Who do you consider as your mentor or idol?
Ever since I got into Salesforce, David Liu has been one of my biggest mentors/idols! I’m honored to be able to call him a co-worker now.
What does being a Trailblazer mean to you?
It means building on the success of others to achieve your own success — and then ensuring that others are able to follow you as well to continue the cycle of success. When we all achieve together, the collective group is even stronger.
Any advice for other Trailblazers?
Believe in yourself, learn from the mistakes of others, and once you’ve reached the top of the mountain (or even somewhere in the middle), don’t forget to grab the hand of the person behind you and lift them up to where you are.
Learn more about apps and Trailblazers in The Exchange, the AppExchange magazine.
- Why Choose Cloud for Inventory Management Why Choose Cloud for Inventory Management Type Article If your business owns inventory or manages it for others, you know to be successful inventory management is crucial. But when it comes to your business it’s important to consider how it’s done and what’s the best approach.
- Sentiment Analysis Through the Lens of a SaaS CTO Sentiment Analysis Through the Lens of a SaaS CTO Type Article sentiment analysis, also called opinion mining, is a natural language processing (NLP) technique that classifies data as positive, negative, or neutral. But why is it important?
- NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange By Amanda Matlock Type Article Check out all the pawsome AppExchange apps that have been launched this week (updated weekly).
- Marketing Automation, Get Your Head in the Game Marketing Automation, Get Your Head in the Game Type Article When you bring data sources together to create targeted segments and adjust a customer experience based on real-time data from other sources – such as your customer relationship management (CRM) or other internal systems – it elevates the experience.
- Salesforce Customers Share Apps for Developers, Admins, and Architects at TDX Salesforce Customers Share Apps for Developers, Admins, and Architects at TDX By Amanda Matlock Type Article This week, the community gathered in San Francisco and on Salesforce+ for TrailblazerDX (TDX), joining us to discover new ways to build success now with Salesforce. But don’t worry if you couldn’t join in person, we've got you covered.