Even though your team runs through dozens of documents a day, you already know having the right piece of data at the right time is crucial to customer satisfaction.
Although we live in a digital era that helps standardize and automate our everyday life, when it comes to customer service, you always want to personalize the experience. But, how do you ensure you can create documents catered to your client's specific needs but not introduce an increase of manual work for your team?
Let’s explore three effective steps to help change the way you work with documentation, eliminate manual errors, and keep your team and customers happy.
First and foremost – Templates
Even if you have templates, ask yourself honestly, how many of those need constant manual tackling? Businesses being strict with just one template can create even more manual work for the team as they try to adjust it to every case or client they have. Instead, think through the most common use cases and create templates to stand out and show you know your clients. Yes, it’s an investment of time and effort, but it pays substantial dividends.
To look ahead, try to find a document generation tool that can help you create a single template with complex conditioning logic for parts of your content to be hidden or shown depending on the use case.
Keep Everything in Salesforce
So, you’ve created your templates and a lot of its content is likely dynamic, so how do you make sure it all works like a charm? You probably guessed, but the dynamic data you need should be stored in Salesforce. Since all your key customer data is already there, it’s only logical to keep any additional information you’ll need for your documents in one place. This ensures you can easily access data without searching through email threads or sticky notes at your desk.
Having your data in Salesforce makes the integration with an automated document generation tool way easier.
Implement a Document Generation Tool
You’ve made it to the juiciest part - automation! Imagine your team clicking just one button and a branded sales quote is created and sent to your customers. Sounds like magic, right? It’s easy to make it real!
A Salesforce native document generation solution on AppExchange can help you achieve document automation for any business case you have regardless of its complexity.
How does it work?
The document generation solution uses the data you already have in Salesforce and allows you to either build new templates or embed the data into existing ones. You can also find inspiration in the template gallery the solution provides. Once the templates are built, your Salesforce administrator can create a magic button for your team to generate documents with ease. Moreover, you can automate a few steps ahead, sending your documents to clients, triggering the approval process, or updating the data on your records.
It only takes a short time to enrich your templates with merge data from Salesforce and your team can start generating documents to keep your customers happy with just one click.
Having a native Salesforce solution in place means you’re always compliant and data security is guaranteed. In addition, it takes little to no training for your team to onboard the tool, since the experience you have is 100% Salesforce with just a few custom objects and fields.
Introducing the change can be scary, but having your team and customer satisfaction low is even worse!
Ready to get started? Check out document generation solutions on AppExchange like Maven Documents today!
About the author: Anastasiya Khryshchanovich is an IT Generalist at Maven Mule, who happens to have a Salesforce Administrator certificate and a passion for philosophy.
Most Recent Articles
- 5 Ways AppExchange Apps Can Enhance the Customer Experience 5 Ways AppExchange Apps Can Enhance the Customer Experience By Lauren Gaskill Type Article Whether you’re looking to create a more seamless approach, meet customers where they are or develop a culture of customer appreciation, the following tips and AppExchange partner apps can help you take your customer experience to the next level.
- 4 Ways to Improve Sales Performance 4 Ways to Improve Sales Performance By Lauren Gaskill Type Article How well do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your sales processes? It’s important to know where improvements can be made — both internally and for your customers.
- Get Ready for the AppExchange Job Marketplace Retirement Get Ready for the AppExchange Job Marketplace Retirement Type Article With this proactive involvement, Nuvolar are a key influencer in promoting Salesforce careers to new-to-ecosystem talent and individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds.
- 9 Apps to Help You Reimagine Your Customer Experience 9 Apps to Help You Reimagine Your Customer Experience By Amanda Matlock Type Article No matter the company size, industry, or business challenge, partner apps and experts help businesses connect to customers. So don’t reinvent the wheel, reimagine it! Here are nine solutions on AppExchange to help you sell smoother to every customer.
- Learn about the Latest Search Filter Enhancements Learn about the Latest Search Filter Enhancements By Amanda Backer Type Article Learn about AppExchange search enhancements, including using new filters for business need, industry, and job role.