Individually, Salesforce and Slack are powerful business technologies. Salesforce is the world’s no. 1 CRM, analytics, and integration platform. Slack is the world’s leading communication platform. Together, they provide more modern and efficient ways to sell and provide service. Slack and Salesforce integration is great for organizations that are looking for ways to improve productivity and efficiency, produce tangible results and drive their businesses forward. Salesforce is now offering deeper integration capabilities between Slack and Sales Cloud. These are designed to drive productivity and efficiency for sales teams while simultaneously providing cost savings.
Using Salesforce and Slack together can help open a wide variety of opportunities for greater productivity. But, what sets Slack apart? Its user-friendliness. And what exactly sets Salesforce apart? Its ability to host multiple types of transactions. Putting them together gives organizations the ability to not just communicate internally, but get transactions moving across their org. You can discuss a project, build a proposal, sell it to the customer, track time on it, bill the customer, and get feedback - all within the friendly user experience of Slack. While opportunities, projects, time spent, and invoices are all hosted in your secure, scalable Salesforce CRM.
By automating the push and pull of CRM data directly into Slack channels, sales teams collaborate and close deals faster, operations teams can onboard customers smoothly and service teams can get access to appropriate knowledge and information faster.
Five Benefits of Slack and Salesforce Integration
The Slack and Salesforce integration creates a platform for collaboration that seamlessly and securely connects internal staff communications and documents with external stakeholders.
1. Increased real-time collaboration for employees. Take a sales team working on a complex sale for example. Your sales team can now see all customer-related interactions in a single Slack channel, with the ability to see customer data from Salesforce in the same channel. This makes the entire sales process easier and faster. Retaining all data on these complex deals becomes essential to close deals. You can enable your sales team to collaborate on deals and drive growth from anywhere.
2. Increased flexibility for employees. With WFH and hybrid teams still in place for the foreseeable future, your employees need systems that are flexible and easy to use. Take a process like new employee onboarding. With Slack-Salesforce integration, the process is slick and flexible. New employees get all their data into the system, set up their benefits information, and get access to everything that they need for orientation in a separate Slack channel.
3. Increased productivity increases customer satisfaction. Multiple teams can cooperate to bring real-time assistance to customers, using Salesforce and Slack. If necessary, your team could bring customers right into the appropriate Slack channel. You can use “swarming” to develop a Slack channel for customer service teams to work together on complex and high-priority situations. They can bring in other internal employees or external stakeholders to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
4. Stay connected and improve organization workflows. Consider your internal marketing team working with an agency. Engagement data and insights from your Marketing Cloud can be delivered immediately in Slack, allowing your teams to keep campaigns on track. Let’s say someone makes a change to a marketing campaign (say an email headline was changed). You can set up workflow notifications to automatically update Slack channels, such that the right people can review and approve the changes as necessary.
5. Reduce unnecessary work and save money. With Salesforce and Slack, you can enable your teams to stay on top of changing data by increasing analytics visibility across your enterprise. With Salesforce analytics insights inside Slack, your teams can make better decisions faster. You can update information such as Renewals directly on dashboards in team channels, giving business users access to data and insights wherever they are.
Gaining traction across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud is easier once your team starts using Slack and Salesforce. Helping transactions flow smoothly between the two enables efficiency and greater productivity.
Let’s look at some ways in which you can integrate Salesforce and Slack for your business.
Here are 10 Reasons to integrate Salesforce and Slack
1. Provide Timely Updates: Provide real-time access to Salesforce updates to sales and customer service reps within Slack. Design alerts that fit the needs of your team, from what data they contain to when the alert is sent out.
2. Effortless Quote Management: Quote updates, reviews, and acceptance are automatically synced to users’ inboxes in Slack. Unified sharing of a Salesforce record in indirect messages or channels in Slack, simplifies the entire quote process.
3. Easy Access to Salesforce Documents: Users review Salesforce documents associated with their accounts and opportunities within Slack. Give users the ability to search your Salesforce instance from Slack and get the results in Slack.
4. Ease of Coordination: Users can use Slack channel rights to optimize business activities. Improve engagement and alignment of business processes across your organization leading to better productivity.
5. Simplify and Automate Work: Use the Salesforce Platform for Slack and Flow in Slack to build more meaningful interactions. Send alerts from Salesforce directly to Slack to ensure that there are no hold-ups in your Deal Approval cycle. Ensure that your sales team is not stuck playing mailbox tag.
6. Prioritize Tasks Easily: Slack offers details about upcoming Salesforce tasks within your Slack workplace. Set up in-time automated notifications and alerts on important events and milestones in both Slack and Salesforce.
7. Close Deals More Efficiently: Streamline the sales process with real-time data, allowing your team to work better together with the flexibility to work where, when, and how they want. Set alerts when deals are closed to celebrate wins with your sales team. Set alerts for Demos and Appointments and for New Leads to ensure that no task is dropped.
8. Create Stronger, Longer-lasting Relationships: Work with customers in a more personalized way to create deeper relationships, including real-time conversations with customers and stakeholders. Get inputs from other stakeholders within your organization to provide an outstanding experience for your customers.
9. Improve Customer Experience: Provide personalized and better support. Share customer feedback with the team to provide customers with a better experience. Fast-track Case resolution since cases are sent across both platforms directly, without having to log into both platforms.
10. Simplify the Work Day: Build workflow approvals for all kinds of work issues. Build it in Slack and update it on Salesforce records or vice versa. Get rid of traditional data silos and work barriers for improved communication and collaboration.
Salesforce and Slack are established market leaders in their individual spaces. Combine the two to share knowledge, opinions, and documents between co-workers, while simultaneously bringing Salesforce data into the conversation.
Want to get started helping your team find success and additional productivity? Check out Slack on AppExchange today!
About the author: Surekha Shetty is the Co-Founder PK4 Technologies, which offers TimeTracker from PK4, an app that helps employees and contractors to track their time wherever and whenever they work and on whatever system they use.
Most Recent Articles
- NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange NEW! The Latest Apps on AppExchange By Amanda Matlock Type Article Check out all the pawsome AppExchange apps that have been launched this week (updated weekly).
- AI Takes Center Stage at Dreamforce ‘23 AI Takes Center Stage at Dreamforce ‘23 By Amanda Matlock Type Article Dreamforce ‘23 was all about connecting over a technological advancement that’s affecting all aspects of business — artificial intelligence — and how organizations can streamline their organizations and find success with AI + Data + CRM.
- NEW! AppExchange Search Enhancements NEW! AppExchange Search Enhancements By John Geyer Type Article Narrow Your AppExchange Search Results with Product, Feature, and Impact Filters
- Dreamforce ‘23 Sneak Peek: Featured Sessions, Apps, and Experts Dreamforce ‘23 Sneak Peek: Featured Sessions, Apps, and Experts By Amanda Matlock Type Article There is something for everyone at Dreamforce, and we’re excited to share our lineup of 30+ partner sessions that will show you how to supercharge the world’s #1 AI CRM with AppExchange!
- 9 Reasons Why AppExchange Fans Should Attend Dreamforce ‘23 9 Reasons Why AppExchange Fans Should Attend Dreamforce ‘23 By Amanda Matlock Type Article It's officially Dreamin' Season, and while the Salesforce team is planning and putting together the year’s largest company event ever, you may be asking yourself: Why exactly should I attend? Don’t worry, we’ve got a complete list of Dreamforce stops!