We are very excited that you're interested in the AppExchange Demo Jam. Whether it's live at an event, or live for a webinar, the Demo Jam is a great way to increase community engagement and awareness of apps by bringing app users and app builders together.
What is a Demo Jam?
Demo Jams are a game show style event where 4-8 app partners showcase their most compelling app in a super short, no fluff, 3-minute demo.
- At the end, the attendees vote live on their favorite demo (the winner gets an exciting prize)
- Hosted by AppExchange and Salesforce MVPs
- Theme might differ each month (sales, marketing, service, healthcare, financial services, etc.)
Where Is It?
Demo Jams are held live at events and online via webinar.
- Webinar: Platform is GoToWebinar held every third Thursday at 2pm ET
- Live Event: To be confirmed based on each event location, typically held in Expo hall theater of event
Why Do It?
Demo Jams are a great opportunity to give a demo to a live audience of 80-150. They are a platform for brand exposure. AppExchange promotes heavily and each partner will hopefully promote for great cross-pollination. For webinars:
- The opt in lead list provided within 24 hours
- Recording shared on YouTube for added exposure
It's an excellent opportunity to put your best demo delivery teammate in the spotlight. Plus, it's a TON of fun!
Can I See Some Examples?
What are the Demo Jam Rules?
It's simple. There are only three rules.
- Your live demo must be three minutes (or less)
- NO slides / power point / video - it must be a live demo
- There will only be one winner per Demo Jam
How do I win a Demo Jam?
There's no better way to find out how to win a Demo Jam than to hear from past winners. Here's what they have to say:
- HG Data: How to Win a Salesforce Demo Jam Event
- A Conversation with Copado’s David Venegas, 3x Demo Jam Winner
- The 3-Minute Pitch that Won Over Dreamforce Audiences — Twice
I'm interested. What are the next steps?
Think you've got what it takes to demo your app in three minutes or less? If you've got a paid AppExchange solution with an agreement in place, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you'd like to participate. Please note participation is based on availability. Each month has a different theme, and the AppExchange team will work with you to determine the best theme for your solution. Once you're in a Demo Jam, get ready to:
- Attend a mandatory 30-minute kick off call
- Practice your 3-minute demo
- Arrive to your Demo Jam 15-20 minutes early
- Share it on social media with hashtag #DemoJam
Get ready to rummmbbllleee!
- How to Help Your Users Adapt to the Lightning How to Help Your Users Adapt to the Lightning Type Article Salesforce Lightning is a different and separate platform from its earlier iterations. While it does make development for mobile and custom applications far more user-friendly, there are considerations to keep in mind as you transition.
- Proximity Insight: MCM Worldwide Customer Spotlight Proximity Insight: MCM Worldwide Customer Spotlight Type Article MCM Worldwide achieves a 50% email open rate with Proximity Insight.
- Meet Trailblazing Partner Prajakta Samant of Eternus Solutions Meet Trailblazing Partner Prajakta Samant of Eternus Solutions By Holly Rushton Type Article Read this trailblazing partner interview to learn more about Prajakta's journey from working in Java and Oracle to inspiring the next generation of Salesforce ecosystem practitioners.
- The Experience Mandate: Going Beyond Acceptable to Exceptional The Experience Mandate: Going Beyond Acceptable to Exceptional Type Article Lindsay Moore, VP Alliances & Strategy at Zmags, discusses how retailers can great rich, digital experiences to extend beyond the store.
- AppExchange at Connections: What You Need to Know AppExchange at Connections: What You Need to Know By Holly Rushton Type Article Connections is full of exciting apps and technology for marketers. Here's all the details for this exciting event.