AI is all the buzz. Companies know they need it, they are joining in on the hype, but are still somewhat unsure of what it’s all about and its ability to impact their bottom line. While AI comes in many different forms, there’s one that enterprises should particularly familiarize themselves with: AI-powered search. It is the single, most important tool that enables organizations to get to know their customers on a personal level and deliver the contextually relevant experiences they want.
Why use AI-powered search?
AI-powered search may not be stealing the headlines, but it’s consistently delivering on its promise to drive staggering results and has transformed the customer experiences of some of today’s leading brands. Search is no longer just a box with a flashing cursor, it is a journey —one that your customers want to go on.
Every one of your customers is different, with different queries, preferences and vocabulary. AI-powered search seamlessly understands your customer’s true intent provides them with the right information that enables them to successfully self-serve, and enjoy the journey.
In short, AI-powered search is your ticket to a personalized customer experience and healthy community.
As organizations look to provide ever-smarter and more engaging self-serve resources to their customers, partners, and employees, Salesforce Communities have enables organizations to build a dynamic customer, partner or employee community on the Salesforce platform. Prior to this, it required some technical skill, as the only options were to use some combo of Force.com, VisualForce, and Apex code. That all changed in 2015 when Salesforce announced Lightning Community Builder, a completely new framework for building Communities.
The Lightning Community Builder is a serious game changer
With Lightning Community Builder, Salesforce didn’t simply try to make Community layouts easier to edit; they built a whole new, “componentized” framework. Each of these components provides a unique set of capabilities, and community managers and admins can now simply drag and drop components onto their pages to deliver those capabilities to members precisely how and where they want them.
Even cooler, Salesforce architected Lightning so AI-powered search providers, like Coveo, could build new components to extend the power of the Lightning framework. And with the launch of the AppExchange for Components, Salesforce has created a marketplace for third-party components that gives community managers fast access to a whole bunch of cool capabilities they can easily integrate without help from their IT department or system integrator.
Benefits of AI-powered Search for Salesforce Users
To put it simply, AI-powered search basically turns Salesforce into your single “window” to enterprise content. For instance, if you’re looking to implement Salesforce but are uncertain on how to migrate legacy data,AI-powered search for Salesforce can index it.
Here’s how it works:
AI-powered search recommends helpful content and surfaces relevant content to users (community members, support analysts, etc.) based upon their unique context or case-at-hand. This can be done inside Service Cloud, Community Cloud or Platform.
The search functionality provides the usage analytics that admins need to understand what articles, docs, and videos are actually driving self-service on the Community and case resolution in the contact center–and can even be integrated with Wave Analytics.
As Coveo President and CTO, Laurent Simoneau, says, “Technology companies must offer a solution with the capabilities and ease of use needed to truly optimize self-service experiences and applications.”
- Magentrix and RE:ACT Customer Spotlight Magentrix and RE:ACT Customer Spotlight Type Article Disaster response organization RE:ACT was in need of a flexible way to handle a large influx of new volunteer sign-ups. With Magentrix, RE:ACT eliminated manual processes and increased operational efficiency.
- Appreciate Group & Passport KYC Customer Spotlight Appreciate Group & Passport KYC Customer Spotlight Type Article In an effort to streamline onboarding and customer management processes, Appreciate Group leveraged Passport KYC to automate compliance obligations and remove account development barriers.
- Ask an AppExchange Expert, Live Q&A with Leslie Tom Ask an AppExchange Expert, Live Q&A with Leslie Tom By Quinn Knoblock Type Article During this live Q&A, AppExchange’s SVP of Marketing, Leslie Tom, will be available to answer your AppExchange-related questions and share tips and tricks to help you take advantage of the solutions on available on AppExchange.
- Launching a Storefront for Headless Commerce Launching a Storefront for Headless Commerce By Karly Cyr Type Article Going headless can help companies offload storefront operations, optimize storefront performance, and empower team members. Here's how your company can go headless with Salesforce B2C Commerce.
- Delivering Engagement with a Virtual Program Delivering Engagement with a Virtual Program By Emilie Jessula Type Article The first-ever 100% virtual Salesforce Accelerate program introduced new strategies for driving engagement. Learn some of those in this blog post.