Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method is all about a simpler, more organized home by only keeping the things that bring joy into your life. The concept of cleaning out clutter can even be applied to Salesforce (as you can see in this helpful post), and AppExchange apps can help make Salesforce serenity a reality.
Visualize the end goal
Before you begin, imagine the destination. What would a clean Salesforce org look like? Whether you just inherited it as a new admin or you're inspired by the full swing of Spring, use AppExchange data cleansing apps to identify what “sparks joy” in your organization — and what doesn't.
Clean up, document and drive adoption of your Salesforce org. Get insightful analytics including field usage and percentage used. Add documentation, links, notes, metadata, images, process diagrams, and requirements.
Identify gaps in record data to determine data quality and completeness. The results are then depicted through dashboards to identify deficiencies in record data.
Determine what sparks joy
Now that you have a grasp on the state of your (hopefully not so messy) org, it's time to remove the stuff that holds your org back from being all it can be. Look for inactive users, outdated, duplicate, or unused data, even installed — but untouched — AppExchange packages.
Inspire sales teams with a weekly pipeline "housekeeping" dashboard. Display deals that have been "pushed" multiple times, deals without recent activity, and deals missing key data.
If too many unnecessary fields is the stuff of bad dreams, this app is for you. Run reports on the fields you have in Salesforce in order to analyze what percentage of records have (or have not) populated.
Tidy in order
Now that you're ready to tidy up, it's important to back up information, aggregate old data, change folder permissions, etc. in the order that works best for you. Flows, configurations and daily backup apps can help.
Don't clutter your related records with unwanted data, group and organized them instead with this configurable component to increase users' productivity.
Convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors in seconds. Take the UX of your process flows to the next level and convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors. Visual selectors boost productivity and the engagement of your flows by providing context and simplicity.
Ensure automated, daily backups with this app. You can also compare and restore for disaster recovery, sandbox seeding and replication, GDPR compliance, and secure key management.
Sounds daunting? Relax. AppExchange data cleansing solutions make it a breeze. Once you've finished, don't forget to celebrate your newly-cleaned org. For more info on cleaning your Salesforce org, as well as other AppExchange solutions and stories, check out The Exchange, the Spring 2019 issue.
This post is written by Tony Newton, an AppExchange writer.
- Get These Fun Appy Phone Wallpapers from Salesforce AppExchange Get These Fun Appy Phone Wallpapers from Salesforce AppExchange By Holly Rushton Type Article Get the #appy-est phone background ever. Save these images to your phone and take Appy on the go.
- Did You Spot These 12 AppExchange Solutions on Trailhead? Did You Spot These 12 AppExchange Solutions on Trailhead? By Amanda Nelson Type Article Here’s a look at some of the Trailhead modules including AppExchange, and the solutions you can install for each one. Get started on the path to badges, points, and Ranger status today.
- Disrupting Health Engagement: 5 Paths to Success Disrupting Health Engagement: 5 Paths to Success Type Article Angel Leon, Head of Operations and Product at Health Hero, discusses five ways companies can disrupt health engagement.
- Find What You're Looking For With These 7 AppExchange Apps Find What You're Looking For With These 7 AppExchange Apps By Holly Rushton Type Article Celebrate our seven million installs milestone with these seven AppExchange solutions you might be looking for to solve a challenge.
- 1 AppExchange Question: 1,000+ AppExchange Responses 1 AppExchange Question: 1,000+ AppExchange Responses By Holly Rushton Type Article At TDX ‘19, we asked attendees, “What solution would you like to see on AppExchange?” and the response was positively amazing, as event attendees feverishly wrote their answers on notecards. Appy’s Brainstorm Board was completely covered, top to bottom, e