Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method is all about a simpler, more organized home by only keeping the things that bring joy into your life. The concept of cleaning out clutter can even be applied to Salesforce (as you can see in this helpful post), and AppExchange apps can help make Salesforce serenity a reality.
Visualize the end goal
Before you begin, imagine the destination. What would a clean Salesforce org look like? Whether you just inherited it as a new admin or you're inspired by the full swing of Spring, use AppExchange data cleansing apps to identify what “sparks joy” in your organization — and what doesn't.
Clean up, document and drive adoption of your Salesforce org. Get insightful analytics including field usage and percentage used. Add documentation, links, notes, metadata, images, process diagrams, and requirements.
Identify gaps in record data to determine data quality and completeness. The results are then depicted through dashboards to identify deficiencies in record data.
Determine what sparks joy
Now that you have a grasp on the state of your (hopefully not so messy) org, it's time to remove the stuff that holds your org back from being all it can be. Look for inactive users, outdated, duplicate, or unused data, even installed — but untouched — AppExchange packages.
Inspire sales teams with a weekly pipeline "housekeeping" dashboard. Display deals that have been "pushed" multiple times, deals without recent activity, and deals missing key data.
If too many unnecessary fields is the stuff of bad dreams, this app is for you. Run reports on the fields you have in Salesforce in order to analyze what percentage of records have (or have not) populated.
Tidy in order
Now that you're ready to tidy up, it's important to back up information, aggregate old data, change folder permissions, etc. in the order that works best for you. Flows, configurations and daily backup apps can help.
Don't clutter your related records with unwanted data, group and organized them instead with this configurable component to increase users' productivity.
Convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors in seconds. Take the UX of your process flows to the next level and convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors. Visual selectors boost productivity and the engagement of your flows by providing context and simplicity.
Ensure automated, daily backups with this app. You can also compare and restore for disaster recovery, sandbox seeding and replication, GDPR compliance, and secure key management.
Sounds daunting? Relax. AppExchange data cleansing solutions make it a breeze. Once you've finished, don't forget to celebrate your newly-cleaned org. For more info on cleaning your Salesforce org, as well as other AppExchange solutions and stories, check out The Exchange, the Spring 2019 issue.
This post is written by Tony Newton, an AppExchange writer.
- How to Help Your Users Adapt to the Lightning How to Help Your Users Adapt to the Lightning Type Article Salesforce Lightning is a different and separate platform from its earlier iterations. While it does make development for mobile and custom applications far more user-friendly, there are considerations to keep in mind as you transition.
- Proximity Insight: MCM Worldwide Customer Spotlight Proximity Insight: MCM Worldwide Customer Spotlight Type Article MCM Worldwide achieves a 50% email open rate with Proximity Insight.
- The Experience Mandate: Going Beyond Acceptable to Exceptional The Experience Mandate: Going Beyond Acceptable to Exceptional Type Article Lindsay Moore, VP Alliances & Strategy at Zmags, discusses how retailers can great rich, digital experiences to extend beyond the store.
- How Clienteling Can Lead to Sales Lift How Clienteling Can Lead to Sales Lift Type Article Proximity Insight CEO Cathy McCabe discusses how clienteling complements and augments marketing automation, ecommerce, and service channels.
- AppExchange at Connections: What You Need to Know AppExchange at Connections: What You Need to Know By Holly Rushton Type Article Connections is full of exciting apps and technology for marketers. Here's all the details for this exciting event.