Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method is all about a simpler, more organized home by only keeping the things that bring joy into your life. The concept of cleaning out clutter can even be applied to Salesforce (as you can see in this helpful post), and AppExchange apps can help make Salesforce serenity a reality.
Visualize the end goal
Before you begin, imagine the destination. What would a clean Salesforce org look like? Whether you just inherited it as a new admin or you're inspired by the full swing of Spring, use AppExchange data cleansing apps to identify what “sparks joy” in your organization — and what doesn't.
Clean up, document and drive adoption of your Salesforce org. Get insightful analytics including field usage and percentage used. Add documentation, links, notes, metadata, images, process diagrams, and requirements.
Identify gaps in record data to determine data quality and completeness. The results are then depicted through dashboards to identify deficiencies in record data.
Determine what sparks joy
Now that you have a grasp on the state of your (hopefully not so messy) org, it's time to remove the stuff that holds your org back from being all it can be. Look for inactive users, outdated, duplicate, or unused data, even installed — but untouched — AppExchange packages.
Inspire sales teams with a weekly pipeline "housekeeping" dashboard. Display deals that have been "pushed" multiple times, deals without recent activity, and deals missing key data.
If too many unnecessary fields is the stuff of bad dreams, this app is for you. Run reports on the fields you have in Salesforce in order to analyze what percentage of records have (or have not) populated.
Tidy in order
Now that you're ready to tidy up, it's important to back up information, aggregate old data, change folder permissions, etc. in the order that works best for you. Flows, configurations and daily backup apps can help.
Don't clutter your related records with unwanted data, group and organized them instead with this configurable component to increase users' productivity.
Convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors in seconds. Take the UX of your process flows to the next level and convert your picklist fields into visually engaging selectors. Visual selectors boost productivity and the engagement of your flows by providing context and simplicity.
Ensure automated, daily backups with this app. You can also compare and restore for disaster recovery, sandbox seeding and replication, GDPR compliance, and secure key management.
Sounds daunting? Relax. AppExchange data cleansing solutions make it a breeze. Once you've finished, don't forget to celebrate your newly-cleaned org. For more info on cleaning your Salesforce org, as well as other AppExchange solutions and stories, check out The Exchange, the Spring 2019 issue.
This post is written by Tony Newton, an AppExchange writer.
- Demo Jam Week with 18 Salesforce Accelerate Partners Demo Jam Week with 18 Salesforce Accelerate Partners By Holly Rushton Type Article It’s become a rite of passage for Accelerate Grow participants to compete in a Demo Jam before graduation. With 18 apps to showcase, this could only mean one thing: a whole week of Demo Jams, culminating in a MEGA Demo Jam.
- SearchUnify and Idaptive Customer Spotlight SearchUnify and Idaptive Customer Spotlight Type Article Identity-as-a-Service provider Idaptive needed to ensure unified access to case-resolving information for support team members. With SearchUnify, Idaptive integrated help documentation and elevated the support experience.
- A Paw-fect TrailheaDX ’20 with AppExchange A Paw-fect TrailheaDX ’20 with AppExchange By Holly Rushton Type Article TrailheaDX was the must-attend Salesforce developer event of the year. At TDX20, we virtually brought together developers, architects, admins, partners, and entrepreneurs for an immersive, high-touch experience.
- Meet Trailblazer Adam Olshansky Meet Trailblazer Adam Olshansky By Holly Rushton Type Article Since his first exposure to Salesforce in 2014, Salesforce MVP Adam Olshansky has been fueled by a passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Oxfam GB and Odaseva Help At-Risk Communities Oxfam GB and Odaseva Help At-Risk Communities By Holly Rushton Type Article Technology plays a big part at a global organization like Oxfam GB to ensure data protection and compliance. With Odaseva, a data protection app built on the Salesforce Platform, Oxfam GB can stay laser-focused on helping others.