Welcome to your all-access pass to Salesforce Labs, the customer-adored collection for all of the free and customizable solutions created by Salesforce employees. With 250+ Labs solutions, you can take advantage of apps and components ranging from data visualization to lightning transition, all from inside your Salesforce org, and available on AppExchange.
With all these popular solutions, here are the seven best ways to find Labs on AppExchange.
1. Navigate by Category
Labs solutions can be accessed directly on the AppExchange home page with the “Top Categories” list, which can be found to the right side of the AppExchange homepage. Simply scroll down to find ”Salesforce Labs” which will direct you to all of the Labs offerings in the Labs Collection.
2. Look for the Labs icon
If you see the beaker icon, know it’s a Salesforce Labs solution. They are located throughout the website, but they’re also on the homepage. By scrolling further down, you can find the Salesforce Labs icon beside Appy. Clicking the Labs Icon will bring you to the Salesforce Labs collection page.
3. Find Salesforce Labs by Type of Solution
Salesforce Labs appear amongst the curated collections of apps. By navigating on the menu bar to “Solutions by type” select the category “Collections”, and navigate directly to the Labs Collection.
4. Learn about Salesforce Labs on Listings
Once you click on a Labs app that appeals to you, by scrolling down on the app listing, you can find the Salesforce Labs tab, which can direct you to the Labs Collection. All of the details about Labs live on their listing pages. You’ll see an overview of their solution, relevant content and images, and technical details. But there’s more to these listings. You’ll easily evaluate potential solutions with key metrics such as user reviews, update history, and Lighting Component readiness.
5. Grab the Salesforce Labs App Guide
On the Ohana tab, you can find “App Guides”, which are informational ebooks crafted to help you find the right solutions. The Salesforce Labs App Guide offers insights about product specific solutions from Labs. Click on the apps throughout the guides to see their listings and to install. The last page of the guide takes you to the Salesforce Labs collection page.
6. Salesforce Labs is on Twitter
Check out @salesforce_labs on Twitter to dive into Labs, and stay updated with the newest solutions. There’s often giveaways and games, so follow along for the fun.
7. Take the AppExchange Basics Module on Trailhead
Learn about Labs through the AppExchange Basics Module on Trailhead. The first unit will direct you to the AppExchange Labs Collection. The rest of the module is also extremely informative and can help you learn even more about AppExchange.
Go explore the ever-expanding collection of Labs on AppExchange. Happy hunting and good luck in your quest to find the perfect solutions for your business needs.
Still looking for more Labs and AppExchange fun? Explore these resources:
- Meet the AppExchange Street Team for Dreamforce 2019 Meet the AppExchange Street Team for Dreamforce 2019 By Holly Rushton Type Article See who will be helping bring the excitement of AppExchange to attendees at DF19, plus how you keep engaged online.
- 3 Tips to Overcome the Cart Abandonment Challenge 3 Tips to Overcome the Cart Abandonment Challenge Type Article Mariana Park from Digioh discusses three tips to combat the cart abandoment challenge for ecommerce companies.
- From Hospital Bed to App Builder: The Story of Chris Harris From Hospital Bed to App Builder: The Story of Chris Harris By Amanda Nelson Type Article We sat down with Chris to learn about his journey from idea to app, and the hurdles he overcame along the way. His story from hospital bed to Trailhead Ranger/certified admin/app builder is truly inspirational.
- 40 Customers in Chicago Shared These Must-Try AppExchange Apps 40 Customers in Chicago Shared These Must-Try AppExchange Apps Type Article During this exciting event in the windy city, we asked customers how AppExchange solutions helped overcome a business challenge this year, and what topped their favorites. Here’s what fans of AppExchange in the midwest had to say.
- Precursive: SES Customer Spotlight Precursive: SES Customer Spotlight Type Article Learn how SES fulfilled 1,000+ resource requests with Precursive.